Saturday, July 7, 2007

Instructions and Information On Bone Folders...

I think I am now the "Bone Folder Angel". :) After receiving many e-mails and phone calls on how to make the bone folders I decided to post the information but feel free to e-mail me regardless. I was thrilled when TAC™ contacted me about this and had no idea they were going to show it at seminar! I love it when someone enjoys my ideas as I am my worst critic.

The folders are actually unfinished wood Picket Fence Stakes. (4" x 1/2") I purchase them at local craft stores a 6 pack for .99. They are made by larascrafts.com Item #990109. One may be able to get them cheaper for me it's convenience but feel free to let me know if you find them cheaper.

To make I simply sand the edges. I do not paint or ink the edges since that will come off on paper if you actually use them. I then stamp with Palette ink using my Personalized Stamp & Angel Company™ stamp. I punch a hole depending on the size I want, crop-a-dile works well, hand punch or even the Drill Press. I Love the crop-a-dile. Place an eyelet in it if that's the size you use along with a key chain or ribbon. Then decorate accordingly the chain or folder how you'd like. Tags are great and it's a fun way to use the extra tags from the paper packs with a Thank You note. I've also used pocket cards to place them in as a thank you. I use these for workshops and place at everyone's seat to take home.
Have fun with it and I'd love to see how people "tweak" them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin