Sunday, October 7, 2007

Cleaning out my leftovers.....

This first one is using scraps froma previous project and transparency. I pieced the squares onto my card front. Stamped on acetate with the Snowy Swirls and on the card "Let it Snow". I finished up the inside with some basic stamping on white.

At first this stamp set from TAC didn't appeal to me. Now, I Love it. It is wonderful to create backgrounds or for a generic card. Again, I used scraps from previous projects and stamped the "dingbat" on acetate, then repeated the stamp with versamark on the card front. Lastly, I embellished and finishe the inside with some stamping.


This last sample is again with scraps. I also used one of my favorite stamps "Beatutiful Butterflies" and the flowers from Treasure It. (Who am I kidding I Love all my stamps.) Anyway, I merely stamped the flowers repeatedly with different palette inks to create the collage of flowers. The butterfly is actually glittered on acetate. (To do this, I stamped the image with Staz On, filled in the image with Marvy Glue Pen and adhered glitter)

Another tidbit on glittering, the easiest way I've done it was taught to me by Ginger (rubberstamped.blogspot.com). After stamping your image say on cardstock, place face down through a Xyron sticker machine. Once you run your image through, peel the back off to reveal your "sticky" image. Apply glitter, trim as desired and viola...instant, less sticky fingered glittering! If you don't have a Xyron or another sticker machine, using a Glue Pen is another "less messy" technique.

Have a wonderful day and Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I like the clean cut look to those!! Great job. TFS!!

Gillian :O) said...

Oh your cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
so much to look at, and be inspired by!
thankyou for visiting my blog and your lovely comment, I'm so glad you dropped by :O)

ps..love that tip about the xyron and the glitter..too clever!

My Paper World said...

Really gorgeous, your blog is fab!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin