Sunday, October 14, 2007

Stamping on Glass Ornaments Today



Today I've decided to play with some clear glass ornaments I purchased at Michaels. Since I can't get the technique down on alchol inking them I stamp on them. I used TAC's Snowflakes. Since they are not mounted on wood, it is easier to stamp on the curved surface with Staz On Opaque White ink. I added some sparkles and stickles on a few and then tied ribbon on the to hang. I plan on adding more ribbon for more fullness up top.

Other ways to do ornaments are with the alchol inks. My fellow angel Margo does some beautiful ones. She's won ribbons at the county fair in Southern Maryland for them. You can see her work at flyingflowerflair.blogspot.com. Another way to decorate ornaments is by stamping and coloring acetate/tranparency then insert the decorated artwork into the ornament. Using white glue and a bit of water then adding glitter also adds a really sparkly effect. This just requires dry time and getting use to how much glue/water mix to use. One can seal the lid using a glue gun to prevent glitter from coming out.

Now, get yourself some ornaments and start decorating them for your tree!

7 comments:

Marieke Vermeulen said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! You make absolutely beautiful projects!

xxxMarieke

Becky Carafa said...

These are gorgeous!

Yvette said...

Very pretty! I bought some ornaments to play with but I haven't actually done anything with them yet - thanks for sharing!

Heather Devino said...

These are absolutely awesome!

Emilia said...

inserting the tranparency is a excellent idea! TFS!

My Paper World said...

Wow! They are beautiful!

Whimsey said...

Adorable ornaments!! PS - you've been tagged; hope you can play along. Check my blog out in a bit! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin