Sunday, January 20, 2008

Altered Art


Have you ever just wanted to stamp and create when the creative juices wont flow? That is how I've been lately. So I decided to put the stamps away and make this altered item today until I am feeling creative! I've had various words like this sitting around and decided to alter them. Originally, they were a solid blue. I used TAC's Catelynne papers, prima flowers and acrylic "bling". I first traced the word onto my paper and then cut the letters out. Next, using YES! glue from TAC, I put the glue onto the wooden words and applied the papter. Lastly, I've decorated it with the flowers. This is not a simply stamped project, just a simply paper pieced one. :)

TIP: A wonderful way to adhere paper to altered art is using a Xyron sticker machine by making your paper sticky then applying it to your surface. A small Xyron is perfect for all of those die cut, cricut, ex. small letters!

4 comments:

~KRISTY~ said...

WOW ALISON GORGEOUS ALTERED ITEM YOU HAVE CREATED! LOVE ALL THE PP'S YOU USED & THE FLOWERS..WHAT A GREAT WAY TO USE UP ALL THE SCRAPS LAYING AROUND.PERFECT VALENTINES GIFT AS WELL.

Carmen said...

Your altered item looks great!

Tickle Me Pink said...

This is so cute!! I love the country look to it!

Deb said...

Gorgeous Alison, it is so pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin