Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fun Scallop Punch Wrap

Here is a closeup of My Prince Charming! The background behind this card started when I asked on the Paper Wings Forum if someone had the new Marvy Scallop Punches we'll be carrying in The Angel Company™ catalogue. I wanted sample punches of these so I could see the actual sizes to decide which ones I wanted. Angela was nice enough to snail mail one of each! She also put in some extra punch samples and this adorable Frog Stamped and colored from Hoppy Everything stamp set. My first thought was "google eyes"!

Then while surfing, I saw a challenge for Valentines cards not using red or pink. This inspired me to use the frog she sent and the sentiment from the Retired Believe TAC set. Now, if I can just remember who was hosting the challenge...haha.

Lastly, I've been dying to do this wrap technique on something. It is such a fun look and it really helps bring out the sparkle of the glitter cardstock in person.

Now, Here is the full card of My Prince Charming. (Click picture to view Larger)



I hope your enjoying all of the projects the past few days! I figured the holidays were so exhausting it's time to craft again before life gets busy! Alas, once life gets busy the posts may not be as often. Have a wonderful weekend and remember to take time for yourself.:)

10 comments:

Heather Devino said...

very very cute! I've never seen that "wrap" on scallop punches. It's way cool!

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous, perhaps you can create and post a tutorial on this "wrap"? I haven't seen it either and the card is cute. I enjoy the google eyes.

Jane

Littlekel90 said...

I love this prince charming! Great idea. I can see him with a little top hat tilted to the side. LOL Too cute!

Btw, I think the girls are right. As she pounds her hand on desk and chants TU-TOR-I-AL, TU-TOR-I-AL! That would be cool. I have never seen a wrap on the punches either.

:) Kelly

My Paper World said...

He is adorable! I love his google eyes!

pescbrico said...

very fun and cute card! I like the lacing a lot!

Suzanne said...

Too Cute! I'll have to try this technique. Goodness you've been a busy bee the last few days. Send some of that mojo my way will ya?!?

Deb said...

This is amazing, first time I saw that wrap thing too, it is stunning!

Kristine said...

This is so awesome. Wish I was that creative!! :)

sparkplug17 said...

What a fun card. Love the frog. Awesome work.

Sparkle

Jane said...

Love the wrap...and this frog is just adorable! Is he a TAC stamp?

Jane
SBS4

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin