Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's scrappy time...


...not a scrapbook page but using scraps. After making my cards from a previous post for Valentines Day, I had a mixture of scraps. I decided to make some more quick cards from them. To the left is a picture of both cards.

For this first card, I used Mimi SWIC papers, Bazzill Red/Violet and Vellum attached with brads. I simply adhered the papers to the cardstock then stamped the Floral Dingbats under the vellum for a bit of muting. I used Palette inks in Noir and Landscape. All stamps used from TAC including Floral Dingbats and the sentiment from Little Things. On the inside I layered a bit of green scrap then trimmed the front of the card to show a hint of the inside. All of the items used for this card except the vellum were purchased from TAC.


Used here are the same cardstock and papers. The stamps used are TAC Life Is Short. I layered, over Brown Bazzill, the scraps of Mimi paper and another transparency embossed with a cuttlebug folder. I added this fun tassel I've had on hand for book markers for a bit of pop and texture.


I really enjoy using my scraps for many of my creations. I think I would say my style seems to be making simple and quick cards lately.

2 comments:

~KRISTY~ said...

LOVE YOUR NEW CARDS ALISON,THEY HAVE AN ORIENTAL VIBE TO THEM ..LOVE THE ADDED TASSEL!

Littlekel90 said...

These are very pretty! I love the design. Kristy is right. They do have an oriental feel to them. I really LIKE it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin