Monday, January 28, 2008

Old Project with New Tutorial

I have not been feeling creative lately. When I get in this slump I always dig out something old and re-do it. I found this fun Matchbox Holder and thought I'd make up another one real quick. The first photo's are of the older project I created a few years ago. My husband was a big golfer and I thought how fun this would be for a little present. Today, I thought I would do something with crayons or pencils for the kids and made a quick tutorial with what I worked on.

Supplies used for this project:

Scor-pal, adhesive, Back to School stamps (retired from TAC), Kaleidecolor Ink, velcro and cardstock.

Click on images to view larger.

Start by scoring a 4 1/4 X 10 1/2 piece of cardstock at 1/2", 1", 3",7" and 7 1/2 inch. Note:If you want a larger one say for crayons, golf tees start with 4 1/2 X 12 cardstock. )







Next, punch holes after the 1/2 score to the 1 inch score using a hole punch, SU slot punch or even just make a slit to insert your item.The picture to the left represents this. NOTE: A slit will work wonderful for a gift card! Decorate your Matchbox at this point before you create the holder.







This photo shows where to adhere your fold. After decorating, fold on the scores and put adhesive on your 1/2 inch piece. Meaning, from the left to 1/2 inch as laid on your scor-pal.



These are the finished project. This is done simply decorated but it has endless possibilities. Use as a gift card holder for a birthday with more embellishments and more sophisticated stamping! Have fun and let me know if you decide to try it.


On another note, I've been tagged by a few SBS4'ers I'm hoping to get to this soon.

5 comments:

~KRISTY~ said...

FANTASTIC MATCHBOOK CREATIONS..LOVE THE CRAYON ONE WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!U COULD TUCK IN LIL PIECES OF PAPER AT THE BACK AS WELL.

Carmen said...

Thank you very much for the tutorial, the matchbook looks great!

Tammy said...

Neat idea!! Thanks for sharing:)

Tammy
SBS4

Tickle Me Pink said...

This is such a cute idea! I love the crayones one for the little kids! And the golf tees fit perfectly with one of our very close friends! Great tutorial!

Scr@p and More said...

waoo , thanks for cute idea!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin