Monday, January 28, 2008

Pop Up Heart Card Tutorial

I've been inspired seeing pop-up cards return lately. Feeling creative, I decided to post my version with a card tutorial using Marvy Uchida's Scalloped Heart.

Supplies for this project:
Marvy Uchida Scalloped Heart Punch (Punch 4)
Cardstock (here used bazzill)
White Premium Cardstock Cut 6 x 3
Love Doodles TAC stamp set
Gold Elastic Threading (found in the beading section of craft stores)
Scraps Mimi papers
Ink (Here used Palette Bordeaux)

To start, punch 4 hearts. Here I punched on Bazzill Reds using one to embellish the cover and the other three for the inside. I next cut my white cardstock to form the card base at 6 x 3. Note: you can create any size card.

Next, I put aside my heart punches and embellished my cover. If you notice I used a scallop heart punch. I also found a fun glittery felt heart and attached that over the heart. I only did a half of a scallop wrap. Note: See tutorials on how to do this.


Once you've embellished your cardfront, fold your remaining three hearts in half. The picture to the left represents this. Laying your three hearts together adhere the middle one to the sides of the other two. (To the right side of the left heart and to the left side of the right heart.





This picture represents what your hearts will look like once you've adhered them together.

CLICK IMAGES TO VIEW LARGER.







Next, folding your heart insert flat, place adhesive on the left and right sides to embed it in the center fold of your card. Adhere your hearts to the center of the card. Start by placing the left side of the hearts down first. Next, lay the hearts flat and close your card for an even fold.




Lastly, I did some light stamping on the inside with Palette Bordeau Ink.


How fun it that? For a list of wonderful blog candy and tutorials check another Alison's webside Stampin When I Can

5 comments:

Littlekel90 said...

Terrific tutorial, Alison! Oooh, now I really want those scalloped heart nesties! :)

Linda said...

Thanks Alison. I will give this a try.

Tracey said...

Great card Alison thanks for the tutorial I will add it on my long to do list :)

Gwen Snater said...

great card!! thanks for the tut!! this is new to me!

Vicki Hook said...

I like the pop-up! Great idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin