Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Simply Watercolored


This "simply stamped" project contains a few different techniques for you to try!Today, I am in need of a boys birthday card and created this design. I started with Bazzill Cardstock in green and layered a square of Just Like Dad™ papers from TAC on top of that. I next stamped the boy from Everything Nice. I colored using Prismacolor watercolor pencils and Dove blender to "blend" all the colors together. I also paper pieced his hat and overalls. A bit of stippling in blue was done on the white background. Lastly, I just layered it all after stamping my sentiment and attached a photo turn.


As Always, click on image to view larger.

TIP: One can achieve beautiful watercolor looks using watercolor crayons or pencils and Blending Pens! If you do not have watercolor pencils, Gamsol (100% Pure Odorless Mineral Spirits) will do a fabulous job. This will blend non-watercolor pencils. I use special "nubs" for the blending. I purchase these products on-line from Inky Antics. I'm sure it is available in other places as well.

My children: I have posted a picture in the left side bar of the page of my son 13 and daughter 9 for those who have asked. :)

13 comments:

Deb said...

Great card Alison, I love the stamp and the colours you have chosen, it all looks great. Thanks for the tips on the colouring too, very helpful!

Kristine said...

Gorgeous watercoloring job! :) This is too cute!!

Yanitza Ramos said...

Well I'm glad I dropped by... your tutorials are awsome and so are your cards. Thanks for sharing!

Donelda said...

beautiful!! You've done a great job of coloring it !!

TFS

~KRISTY~ said...

WHAT AN AMAZING CARD! TOTALLY LOVE THE COLOURING & THE SENTIMENT!

"Jany" said...

As always I love your creations and the techniques. Thanks for sharing!

Carmen said...

Lovely card, the coloring looks great!

Kelly S said...

Pheew! I mis-read your post and thought you said you had a picture of your 13 sons. LOL Wow... I need to wake up here!

Great card! Love your coloring job and the layout of this card. Thanks for sharing!

Terrie B x said...

love your creations...your children are beautiful...thanks for visiting my blog.look forward to seeing more of your great work:)x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is perfect

My Paper World said...

His hat and overalls look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the tips too!

Seleise said...

Your card is darling and great job (and tips) on the blending and watercoloring. I really like how you put the message across the corner. Great job!

~JULES~ said...

What a lovely card!
I love everything about it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin