Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Welcome to my space...

....my Simple Stamping Space that is.

On the Paper Wings angel website we've been posting pictures of our craft spaces. This is a fun way to get organizing ideas and in a way, get to know people. I also saw a fellow SBS4 sister posted pictures of her craft space a few weeks ago so decided to let you into my world with photos in our rented space.
(Click photos to view larger)
This first picture is a view as you enter the room. To the left in the photo, is my computer armoire. Next to that, beneath the window, are my craft cubes. I Love these and have gotten many friends addicted to them. They are stackable and hold anything! I have all of my stamps in them. (This picture coming later)Lastly, is my actual workspace to the right I did have my cricut on there but had to move it for more desk area. In front of my desk is another white cabinet with a TV and my husbands little corner. (No pictures of that) (Tip: you can cover your cricut with a kitchen Toaster Cover to keep the dust off it and look pretty)

This picture to the left shows some of my storage drawers open which hold All of my Rubber Stamps! My current count is over 250 CD's. Now, this is why I love unmounted they take up such little space and cost less. I think of it as "going green" and saving trees as well. (Yes, I purchased wood mounted but convert them)

This photo to the left shows my desktop storage and actual creation area. The revolving organizer holds all of my scissors, small punches and stuff I use often. The other holder to the left holds my acrylic blocks and various other items including my binder that I have my stamps inventoried in. I enjoy the Ott lite as well for a bright natural light.


These photos are taken to the left of the doorway as you enter. I have this white cabinet holding paper overflow, stamps for sale and various stuff in the white photo boxes. My binders for organizing ideas, newsletters and business items are labeled on top. I use this as my mailing center as well where I keep my postage, business cards, envelopes, etc. Also shown in these pictures are an open view of the cabinet and my magazine center. I love to browse through these for inspiration. The filing cabinet holds all my receipts and business items.











Moving along to the right side of the door which is the opposing wall to my cubes, is this area. Here is the mess amoungst the space. There is an actual working fireplace hidden behind this hodge podge of shelving. This area is hard to organize with the fireplace. On the wooden with wicker basket stand,is my die cut center. The baskets hold most of my dies, cuttlebug folders, etc. This area also holds samples of projects, started projects and extra paper packs. I also have baskets wtih my "freebies" and binders full of sample cards. Next to the fireplace center, is a picture of my storage closet opened. This holds all my items to sell, to alter and everything else that doesn't have a home.
I don't like how this looks all messy but it's better than no space at all.





I hope you've enjoyed peeking into my space. As renters right now I am limited but I hope one day to have a super studio! (As always, typos and grammatical errors left for your enjoyment)

19 comments:

scrappernic said...

Wow! What a fabulous space! I love how organized everything is.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you have All of your stamps in those little drawers? I think I need to switch companies. I love your space and organizational tips.

Jane

Carmen said...

Wow, your space looks great, thank you very much for sharing!

Angie said...

Your space looks amazing! I am still trying to work the kinks out of my 'Scrapbook Nook.' In regards to the team stamp that was on my blog, there is a local company in Green Bay that has designed some stamps for the Packers and I got them there. I don't think they do other teams. I was hoping to post a second card with another stamp I have for the Super Bowl... but no such luck :( I am really enjoying your blog and visit daily. Thanks for all of the inspiration!

Lisadwb said...

Alison,
I really enjoy visiting your blog. I think you have the best tutorials!!Love them.

Stampin' Meg said...

I love your space, Allison. All the white makes it looks os clean- a great blank canvas for creating!

Tracey said...

Hi Alison I love your stamping space very organised TFS

Seleise said...

I love your space! I also rent and it is a challenge to find space for everything. Unmounted is the only way to go. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Peeking into your space was great, it's always nice to see how other stampers orgainze and utilize their space. My "stamp room" is my kitchen. It's always fun to watch people when they first come to my house, the slow realization of how much stuff is stored, the kitchen table being my work space, etc. TFS

Deb said...

Your craft space is fabulously well organised, mine is such a mess I can't share just yet but I will once i get it sorted out!

I left a message for you over at sBS cafe about your suggestion.

Deb said...

I have tagged you, don't worry if you don't want to play along, I don't mind at all. If you do have a look on my blog for the questions.

Marcela said...

Thanks for your comment in my blog !!I'm so happy with this! Your blog is so beautiful !

Marcela Radünz

Donelda said...

wow, I"m jealous of your space and all your stuff!!!

Marcia said...

You are so organised - love how you have set your stamps up. Thanks for sharing

Tammy said...

LOVE your setup!!!

TFS,
Tammy SBS4

Tickle Me Pink said...

You have such a great space!! I would join in and post mine on my blog but I still scrap on my dining table, lol and I don't even have a tenth of the stuff you do!! Lucky girl you :D I love how organized you have all your goodies!

Linda said...

Thanks Alison for sharing pictures of your craft space. It is your awesome pictures that made me ask one more time about storing unmounteds in CD cases. Now I have one more question. Where do I get craft cubes?

Kelly S said...

Love the pictures of your stamp space. I can't quite get myself to go unmounted yet, but you might help convert me.I can't believe how much less space they take up!

Cruicut is on my wish list.. but underneath a new printer. LOL so I think it will be a while before I get one. Luckily a friend has one, so I can always borrow hers! :)

Ginger Serafin - Angel 1427 said...

I still love your space. And to think you started in a corner of the laundry room. I look forward to my next visit and playing with your stamping toys again. Miss you!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin