Sunday, February 3, 2008

Instructions: Create A Layered Look with Your Ink



For the above card, I was playing around with my Floral Dingbat set from TAC. The first picture shows the cover and the next is the inside. Notice, the cover has a layered look with the Floral Dingbats.

Here are the card instructions on creating a layered affect, without the layers!
I did a layered look on by first stamping with Versamark on Olive Cardstock, next I used Aloe Vera Versamagic and lastly layered a Staz On white stamped image on transparency on the top.

In person, it has a really fun layered look without the layering. I think the tip here is to start with a darker color and go to a lighter color of ink. I tried another version starting with a light color and going to dark but the effect was not as noticeable.

I hope you have fun trying this technique. As you can tell by the quick tutorial it's a simple one once you've got your colors.

(As Always, click to view image larger)

2 comments:

"Jany" said...

I looked for the tutorial but couldn't find it. Maybe you forgot to link it?

Jany
Angel 4071

Tickle Me Pink said...

Very pretty! I like the layering :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin