Monday, June 9, 2008

I decided to take a break from sorting and cleaning out every inch of our house. I've been non-stop for what seems like a week and have gotten tons accomplished. After running errands that I needed to do I ran to Michael's. They had their punches on sale and I just had to have a new one. I decided to play with it on my break and who knows, maybe TAC will offer something similar in the New Fall/Winter Catalogue available soon!!

For this first card, my friend Gina inspired me to create from a picture she sent me. I've used all TAC cardstock including Bazzill Blue, Khaki and vellum with Palette Burnt Umber Ink. The stamp set used from TAC is called Fun In The Sun but is discontinued. I thought it perfect for the near 100 degree temperatures we've been having! I partially embossed my vellum with a Cuttlebug to give a wave appearance. The corners can be made using a corner rounder OR if you do not have one of these use a large hole punch.

TIP: NO Corner Punch...create the same affect using a large hole punch. To achieve this only put punch halfway over your corner and punch. Practice a bit for perfection!





My new punch is the scalloped look with holes punched. It is the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch. I love it and was unable to locate it forever. Now it is available again. One blog I visit has over 100 in stock (franticstamper.com). It may be old to some and being unable to get one until now it feels New to me.


Next, this card is using TAC Fun In The Sun with TAC papers. I attached a prima flower to represent the sun and decided to thread ribbon through the holes of the Fiskars punch.



Next, I dug out some scraps to use my Butterfly that was used on a previous project. I also used one of my new favorite sets Butterfly Swirls available from TAC with Mimi paper scraps. Just something quick while I had some time.



Now, I don't know when I will be able to post next. Our move date is fastly approaching!

(Typos and grammatical errors once again left for your enjoyment..giggle)




8 comments:

Suzanne said...

love the cards. I tried to get that punch this weekend & none of the Michaels in 200 miles has them in stock.

Vicki said...

Congrats on getting the punch! I love what you've done with it!

Tammy said...

Neat punch!!! Love the card:)

Tammy
SBS4

Seleise said...

glad you took a break to create. beautiful cards and I'm jealous you got that punch! awesome! have fun playing. Hope you get a bit more time to create before you move.

Deb said...

gorgeous cards, love the images and gorgeous swirly background

Ginger - Angel 1427 said...

Great cards, but most importantly, I'm so glad you took some time away from your crazy-getting-ready-to-pack-out life to PLAY! I'm so proud of you!!

Kelly S said...

Great cards! Love that butterfly! So sparkly! Good luck with your move!

Littlekel90 said...

Cool punch, and cute kids cards, but I really LOVE the butterfly. So whimsical. :) Kelly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin