Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a Wonderful Weekend...

....I have had with some of my stamping friends! (Thanks a ton..Karen, Tammy, Fairlle, Krissie & Ginger) Samples of what I actually managed to get done are included.




My subscribers and friends may know my family and I are getting ready to move from Virginia to Pennsylvania, USA. Karen opened her home to myself and our other stamping friends for most of the weekend as a farewell party. She is so sweet...giggle...Karen let my upline Ginger from Maryland stay who is also Karen's Grandmother with TAC™. We had such fun laughing and even did some stamping!


My friends also surprised me with an adorable 6 X 6 scrapbook. They each did a page for me and I can't wait to print pictures to add to it! I was so touched by the thought and sentiments they added I just wanted to cry! We shared so much laughter my belly hurt and I am still trying to catch up on my sleep! My friend Krissie didn't really want to do a lot of work especially when it came to ahering many strips of paper. I'd like to think it was because we were having so much fun! Anyway, as Tammy might say...Blah, Blah, Blah, Whatever... on to my blogging....



Fairlle really inspired me with her "One Of A Kind" card using the Seaside set from SU. This is also the set I borrowed feeling inspired by her creation. She was all about hardware store finds with her creations so be sure to check out her blog for some Fabulous Creative masculine/hardware card examples! (Just click her name and it will take you there or go to http://stamping101.blogspot.com/)





Yes, I am a Creative Consultant/Independent Demonstrator for The Angel Company™ but these cards are made using all SU product (shhhh). I am an equal opportunity buyer and "user". :) Here I embossed the shell and taking inspiration from Fairlle, added texture with this netting and these adorable star fish! It was tricky adding the star fish but nothing a pop dot couldn't fix.



This card above and the zoom show my inspiration for texture using some stems that Karen had. I think they add a beachy look to the card.

Next, here are some samples of the pages my friends had in the book for me. The first picture shows part of what Karen contributed. I love lumpy bumpy pages and glitter! She added both for me. These photo's are from this year and last year taken at Mother's Day dinner at church. (Yes, it is me and my daughter) I love how she created the photo of my daugher in the hat using the scallop punch. She is so creative, don't you think?




Next, here are some pages Fairlle made. Sorry no pictures are on it, yet. I am going to print Fairlle in her PJ's! While creating these layouts it was her first time using Stickles!!

You can view some of Ginger's samples on her blog. As I said, she is my upline, stamping buddy and introduced me to stamping. My husband would think that a bad thing with my stamping addiction now..haha. When Ginger started with TAC™ I was her best customer, first recruit and we enjoy enabling each other. As my teacher, she instructed me on the envelope tutorial I posted below and if you haven't you Must try it! Now, she has just recently promoted to Executive Manager with TAC™...way to go! I am sure with her friendship and guidance when I choose to make stamping a business I will succeed greatly! (Which will be after my move!)



As I sat here typing, don't mind my little giggles and extra information. It is my way of creating a blog memory of some of our laughter we shared. I hope you enjoy looking at some of the creations while learning a bit of my friends.

I know I will enjoy looking here and reflecting. Although I will be away from my many friends, I am truly blessed to have them in my life.




(As usual, typos and grammatical errors left for your enjoyment..haha)

9 comments:

Ginger - Angel 1427 said...

AND we are truly blessed to have you in our lives!!

I really missed you when you left southern Maryland...now I'm happy about your move because I can still drive about 5 hours (north instead of south) and see you.

Seleise said...

how fun to have a week-end of stamping fun with friends. awesome!

Marcia said...

What fantastic friends you have Alison, it is going to be hard to leave, but they have left you with some great memories.

Fairle Beaman Carroll said...

I had a wonderful time this weekend with you! I'm going to miss you so much; you'd better get a place with a guest room!

~KRISTY~ said...

STUNNING CARD ALISON! GORGEOUS LAYOUTS AS WELL.

Lisadwb said...

Beautiful shell card, I love all of the texture and details.
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. The album is a very thoughtful gift.

Deb said...

fabulous cards and layout Alison, your farewell party with your friends sounds like a lot of fun!

Annie said...

Those cards are beautiful!!!

Barb said...

Love the beach cards! Great textures & embellishments with the netting & dried grasses!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin