Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Harvest Shaker Card & more craft room


I finally managed to make something. This card is using TAC's "Everyday Events" stamp set, scrap ribbons from Kelly and TAC's cardstock. This is a very versatile stamp set for all seasons and occassions. I had fun with this. I simply used transparency and foam tape. (Then I remembered Ginger sent me some shaker boxes to make) I filled my shaker here with beads and little punched leaves of various colors. It was fun to finally make something even if it does need "polishing" up. :) I hope you like it!

Now, here are a few more pictures from my humble craft space. I took these to show my friends how much natural light comes in the windows. This is from in front of one of the windows. My computer armoire holds my laptop and files. The white bead board cabinets flanking both sides of the desk hold more cardstock, papers and scrapping stuff. :)

This next picture is just my other shelf. I can't really place it on the wall since there is a gas line in the wall. I really don't want to "blow up". Nonetheless, it does sit nicely on top of my cubes. I was a tad disappointed as I was hoping to place my 16 plus milk jars of prima's on this but they don't fit. I guess I will just have to place them in jars. I do have other shelves my sister has gotten me to put on the wall for craft storage and other cubes. I just ran out of space...again. :)
This final pictures looks messy. I took it from the doorway that enters the room. It was an old porch my sister converted into a fully functional room when renovating the 100 + year old building. I still have to hang up my pictures and such to make it feel more like home.
I hope you've enjoyed looking into my little room. I am thrilled after taking so long to move into a place I at least have my own room. I need to find the picture to post of my starting craft space. It was a built in shelf in my laundry room. :)

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute card!

Lisadwb said...

Lovely space!! That card is cute, I love that stamp set.

Sarah said...

I love your craft room! My favorite part of your room is your embellishment shelf!! How fun!

Sarah G.

Barb said...

Your room is awesome!!

Ginger - Angel 1427 said...

I am SO glad you were able to use the shaker...it's been sitting around here forever.

I love the extra pics of your space! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your craft room! I have the cubes too, they are now in my sons room holding 12x12 paper because I'm out of space. I can't wait for my new "craft room/kitchen" to be ready. Enjoy your new space!

pescbrico said...

Wow ! you craftroom look wonderful! Love your card!

Deb said...

Gorgeous card and I love your pictures of your fabulous craft room, I have storage envy now, those cubes and drawers are fantastic!

Seleise said...

wow - great shaker card and the space - incredible!!! I will never be that organized (even in my imagination *chuckle*) but it's awesome!!! Glad you're getting settled in! and thanks for the storage tips!

Fairle Beaman Carroll said...

I'm so happy for you! Glad you finally have a crafting room; it's lovely! We all miss you very much!
Hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin