Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Inspired and a Case'd Tutorial








I was fortunate enough to attend two different stamp events this past weekend and made some beautiful projects taught by Maria and Susan. From Susan's technique class, she showed us what she called "Sweet Sunset". I had seen this before on Splitcoast and just recently a sample on Deb's blog. I decided to adapt Susan's version using TAC products and some of my Favorite sets! Here are the items in this picture you can also click the words below to buy them on-line. Now on to the Tutorial.....



Items used in these examples:

Palette Inks: Raw Sienna, Cognac, Burnt Umber, Noir


Also used: Brayer, Black card base, White 2 1/2 X 4, Bazzill Yellows 2 3/4 X 4 1/4,and Rust base Cardstocks. Brads, Ribbon Marvy Punch


ALL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FROM THE ANGEL COMPANY™



First, using your brayer and Raw Sienna, Brayer your white using the Raw Sienna (Image below)

This next picture shows what it will look like after you've brayered....
Next, punch a small circle using your Marvy Xtra Jumbo Punch 1" to 1 1/2" and lay it on top of your first brayer. With the circle in place, brayer on top of that with Cognac. The next two pictures represent this....

When that is done, remove your circle punch then simply add dimension and effect by sponging or stippling with Burnt Umber.



Finally, you stamp your images with Noir and assemble your card! Here are three examples I had so much fun doing them. I have to Thank Sue for teaching me this. It looks so much more intimidating than it is!




Which is your favorite?

I hope you enjoy this quick tutorial, I love this!

REMINDER: Don't forget The Angel Company is still offering Double Dips! Rewards this month. ALL Hostess rewards and customer rewards are doubled!
With a qualifyin minimum Workshop/Catalogue Show/Etc. of $100 Hostess's will receive TWO half off items from the catalogue. (Bind-it-all, Scor-pal, stamps, papers, anything) Also you will receive TWO Level A Hostess Sets. Larger workshops receive more goodies!
Customer rewards are doubled also. Normally, for every $30 purchased you receive a FREE Gift With Purchase stamp (GWP). During Double Dips receive TWO for every $30 in purchases.
All orders must be placed through me and not e-commerce (on-line) to receive these rewards. I also always send FREE samples and things from my stash! Lately, with my move and downsizing these goodies have been Very generous! :)
To view all available items visit Alisonw.ismyangel.net and go to products...
HAPPY STAMPING!
Typos and grammatical errors left in place for your enjoyment...

7 comments:

Seleise said...

Heather taught this recently too. You did an awesome job with your tutorial and love the different cards. The abundance card is just great! TFS!

BarbL said...

Very nice! I like that you gave us 2 different samples using this technique.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These are stunning! Thanks for the tutorial too. I think I like the one with the elephants but I like elephants! I'm wondering if you used glossy card stock or regular?

catt871 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Jane said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I like them all but my favorite is the elephant one.

Jane
SBS4

Barb said...

These cards are so pretty... and the tutorial was great!

Lisadwb said...

You have inspired me to give this a try. I really love the look.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin