Thursday, October 16, 2008

Transparency Stamping Instruction (Love it!)

First, my daughter, her home and her family are home with just smoke damage from the California wild fires. Whew! However, she has now ended up with Shingles! They believe it was caught early enough so she should be well. My poor baby, it always seems like it's something.





Next, I am having issues with my camera or memory card, I keep getting pink tint to my images..any ideas?

Lastly, as I stated in my "headline", I Love stamping on transparency. If you have ever been to a FUNshop I've had, followed my picturetrail or my blog, you may know this. The layered look of stamped transparency adds such dimension and wow. Yes, you can purchase Acetate for stamping but I do find overhead transparency in the office supply store the best for you dollar. To the left, you can see the transparency stamped before it is layerd. You need to use a good ink like Staz On to not rub off and to stay on!





The picture to the left is Olive Green Cardstock from TAC folded with my Scor-pal, layered with scrap squares of fall colored DCWV cardstock. I stamped this and the other card with Staz-On Black using Charcoal Leaves stamp set. I also used Marvy Scallop Puncch and Rectangel Punches then stamped "Frolic" with Autumn Leaves Kaleidacolor using Sweet Swirls stamp set.


You can click the words above to view these items at my secure online shopping site.






I would love to see what you do with your tranparency on your cards, if I have inspired you...link up.



TIP: Use brads to adhere your transparency or hide your glue! You can see it through the clear material as you can see through vellum but I haven't found a glue to adhere that is invisible under transparency. If you know of some...leave a comment and share!

9 comments:

Seleise said...

wow - a stunning card. I love it!

BarbL said...

I love your transparency cards!

Sparkle said...

What a great card! I'll have to try this.

Angela K said...

Very pretty, I will have to try this sometime!

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, Alison! Love the sentiment with the Fall leaves :)

Kristine B. said...

Very pretty!! :) I love the LOOK of stamped transparencies, but my stamps always slip on it. Your fall leaf cards are beautiful though!

Thanks so much for playing in my blogiversary contest! GOOD LUCK!!

Inky Hugs,
Kristinexx

Yanitza Ramos said...

This looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

I love transparency cards. I will have to check out your other ideas.

Linda said...

I tried this over the weekend and it was GREAT. Thanks for the blog post. I will be making more of this type of card in the VERY near future.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin