Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday with my version of "Christmas Planner"....

I start working next week. It will be full time for 3 weeks then to my "normal" part-time routine. To motivate myself to post regularily, I'm call Tuesday's-"Tutorial Tuesdays" where I will give intructions on projects. If you would like to see something specific or a certain technique, let me know I can try to find it for you.

I fell in love with this project when I saw a version in an older Paper Crafts magazine. Julie created this project based on Taylor's post in Sept. 07. (Ladies if you see this please post your blog addresses in the comments so stampers can see yours)


********Click Images to View Larger!!*********

Items used for this Christmas Planner:

Available from The Angel Company™
Scor-Pal for measuring
Manilla Folder
Wonder Tape
Amelia Exclusive Papers
Marvy Punches
Ribbon
T-2706 Holiday Magic Stamps
T-2810 Christmas Checklist

Folder's sizes vary slightly, if your is the same as the one I used I have laid out the folder opened and shown you where to score. The example to the left shows where to score on the dotted lines for a matching fit where you don't have to trim. If your is a bit off, you can always practice until you get your measurements or trim. :) You can also make this your own. I have scored 3 inches from the bottom to create a pouch and used clips to adhere my lists. Another version scored 4 inches from the bottom to insert lists into the pocket. I didn't do that. :)



Here is a photo of the folder with the pocket folded up 3 inches from the bottom. The sides are folded in towards the center score line and the center folded out to create an acordian typebooklet.

I finally just decorated it using papers, punches, stamps and the clips to hold the pages in.



Note: You can adhere the lists to cardstock and insert them into the pockets.

Tip: Pockets can also be used to hold postage, pens or as in mine receipts. Make it your own! It's actually a simple project to create once you've decided on the decorations, that always seems to be the trickiest part. :)

Here is the project opened, isn't it cute?

The page inserts were found on the Organized Christmas website. It is a fabulous site full of ideas and some projects for the holidays.

In this photo the planner is opened, notice the stamped images from Christmas Checklist and I've printed out receipts and punched with my Marvy punches. Most of the supplies I used are from The Angel Company. I did use a SU punch to insert the ribbon through. The ribbon is put on first through the holes then covered with patterned paper. You can choose to use a different closure, I preferred ribbon to match.






The next photo shows the page turned. I used some wonder tape to adhere the center portions together and used one clip. You don't have to do this if you would like it to fully open.

Lastly I want to remind you of my Alison's Angel Bucks Promotion! Be sure to click that link to see how you can earn FREE stuff.

Happy Stamping and I look forward to seeing you next week with another Tutorial Tuesday treat.

Things that make me go ...Hummm...

1. My camera's pink photo

2. I can't line up my blog

3. I can't figure out how to get my lists in the left to turn into a drop down menu

FINALLY....DOUBLE DIPS FROM THE ANGEL COMPANY HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 3, 2008! Below are the specifics and don't forget to earn FREE Alison Angel Bucks at the same time you order from me! You'll be surprised how with the fabulous Double Dips and my special, how much FREE stuff you can earn!


TAC™ SOTM
www.theangelcompany.net

7 comments:

Ying Pang, said...

thank you for sharing the tutorial , I love it.

Seleise said...

wow - this is a fabulous tutorial and thanks for the link to organized Christmas!!! that's just awesome!!! Your organizer is so beautiful!

Good luck with the new job and can't wait to see your future tutorials!

"Jany" said...

Love your tutorial. It was so easy to understand! Hope to be able to create one and share too.

StampinCarol said...

Great tutorial and planner! I have friends on another Yahoo group asking me to put a tutorial on my blog. Guess I better get it done!

Marcia P said...

Thank you for sharing this tutorial, an awesome idea.

Angela K said...

This is great TFS!

Littlekel90 said...

great tutorial. I really love seeing these but never seem to get them created in time. It is just easier for me to use a Christmas notebook for my card list and sneak a piece of paper here and there on my desk for gift ideas. LOL -- slightly disorganized I know *wink*

As for your drop-down list problem, I do know the blog archives area has a clickable box to change this, as I found it by accident one day myself. HTH, :) Kel

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin