Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday: Contact Paper Dry Erase Board & "Tista"

Chipboard Clipboard

Dry Erase Board!

(Click images for larger views)


You know I love transparency to stamp on and did you know you can also use it to create a dry erase board? You can! By attaching it to your handmade artwork you can write and erase with it with a dry erase marker!

Since I always use transparency, I wanted to share that you can you it while in this Tutorial I am using Contact Paper! I decided to show you how to use Contact Paper which does the same thing to change my items used. Imagine the many possibilities of using the self sticking clear paper to create a writeable surface!





This first photo shows the supplies I've used. Clear contact paper and Dry Erase Marker are Not available from TAC but everything else is! The Chipboard Clipboard is awsome! It is 6 1/2 X 6 1/2 and costs merely $3.50 from TAC! The paper is Catelynne an exclusive Fly With It collection from TAC. I've decorated with the Bazzill Bitty Blossoms. These are a fabulous assortment of florals in a reusable "jar" when they're all used up!





Above is the Chipboard Clipboard. I decorated the easy way shown below by trimming my patterned paper to 6 1/2 X 6 1/2. I noted out the clip part by marking the left and right side of the metal clip, then I cut from the top down 1 1/4 inches, folded and trimmed the paper. See photo below...





After adhereing the paper with my favorite glue. I place the trimmed printout for my purpose on the clipboard and CAREFULLY stuck the contact paper on the top! (The paper was trimmed to fit for the space I wanted which was just under the metal clip to the bottom)

This particular one was designed for my daughter so it is for her chores. I had her pick out the flowers and "bling" to use and she decided she did not want ribbon. You can add ribbon to the clip part if you'd like.

(NOTE: You can make a sheet for groceries, notes to self, errands or leave it blank.... make it to suit yourself!)


Lastly, I had to decorate a pen to write with! Show below is how I accomplished this and the supplies I used. First, I always use Xyron when possible for adhereing. It's just easy for small pieces and for complete coverage at times. (Great for sticking glitter to as well!) Now, I cut my paper to size, ran it through the Xyron, temporarily taped my tassell to my marker and lastly, I placed my Xyron sticky paper over the tassel/tape piece and the marker to hide the words.

Here is a closeup of the finished Clipboard Dry Erase Board! The photo cute off the top which has a loop that I ran the tassell through. It makes it perfect to hang on the wall!!!


Now for the "Tista"


What is a "Tista"?


It is what I call my sisters cat "Batista"


I just love cats and have to enjoy hers until we can get one or two....:) So...I thought I would share another picture of her.


Until next time...happy stamping!

As always typos and grammatical errors left for your enjoyment.

7 comments:

Marcia P said...

Alison, I love the pussy cat, looks like someone was keeping her attention so the photo could be taken.

:) Marcia
SBS4

Seleise said...

cute, cute idea! and love "tista!"

Tammy said...

Great idea Alison! I think I would need a bigger clipboard though for a longer list of things to do (not that it would help get any of it done though!) LOL Thanks for sharing! Super Cute!

Littlekel90 said...

VEry cool idea!! I love clipboards, and I love that clear contact paper. I have used it to cover small notebooks and things that I didn't want ruined by water/liquids. Terrific idea for a dry-erase board. :) kel

Diana said...

Great tuto!! I love your idea!! sounds like I need to buy contact paper soon!! I also love cats I have one (Florecita wich means Lil Flower) Sista is just beautiful!!

Love,
Diana

Jane said...

Very cute! Love your clipboard. I would have never thought of using the transparency!

Jane
SBS4

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin