Monday, December 29, 2008


I wanted to try some sponging and stippling for a change. I dug out my retired treeline set from TAC for this. I first stamped the Tree with Palette Jardin moss (or use a dark green). I then grabbed my sponges and several shades of blue to sponge the sky leaving a bit of white above the trees. I then took a light shade of green and slightly stippled over the trees, then stippled yellow as well. Lastly, for some shine, I used sparkly glitter for the snow below and sprinkled on the tree.

11 comments:

Lisadwb said...

Beautiful tree. I like how you did the ribbon- nice touch.

Kelly L aka Littlekel90 said...

such beautiful trees and nice ribbon treatment as well. :) Kel

Barb said...

Lovely trees... and love the black and green color combo here, not to mention glitter (you can never go wrong with glitter!!!).

dianets7 said...

Really nice card! Love how the techniques show up in your card!

Ginger - Angel 1427 said...

I am a tree junkie...and love what you did!!

Rita, an Inky Friend said...

Absolutely lovely. rita w

JavaMel said...

Beautiful card. I love the stippling you did. And the swirly clip adds just the right touch to the ribbon.

Angela K said...

Just Beautiful!!

Deb said...

just beautiful, I love your sponging and stippling work and the ribbon is a perfect finish!

Seleise said...

This is beautiful, Alison! love it! the sparkle is the perfect finishing touch!

Yanitza Ramos said...

What a gorgeous card! Great color combination!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin