Saturday, February 21, 2009

Angel Blog Hop with Butterfly Swirls

Hello and a flashback to an older project from May 18, 2008. For Paper Wings Milissa hosts a Blog Hop using Butterfly Swirls. I was excited to join this one since I love this set! It's an "almost" pop up card. The first one I used Kaleidacolor Ink with the set, some Bazzill Bitty blossoms and Cardstock. Keep scrolling down for a tutorial and visit these other Very talented Angel Blogs to see what they have done with this set....


Here are the other angel blogs using this set for the blog hop on Feb. 22!

Tutorial on a different card:
Click the images to view larger

Mimi Collection
Marvy Punches
Butterfly Swirls stamps of course
Ava Embellishment jar
Versamagic Inks: Perfect Plumera & Spanish Olive
(also available in 4 pk from Jewel)
Zip Dry Glue (A MUST HAVE) & Crystal Stickles
Scor-Pal
Sentiment from Trendy Greetings (TAC)
(I'm having issues getting the correct links to link the items]

To start prep your paper by cutting. My Pink color from the Mimi cardstock packet is cut to 4 1/4 X 11 and scored in half. The neutral Mimi cardstock is cut to 4 X 10 1/2 and scored in half. The neutral will be flipped upside down and placed on the front of the basecard (pink) after you score the "front" flap in half. See the photo below for a picture of where to score. (the half score is at 2 1/2 and the card at 5 1/4 on the front flap)Once you score, stamp the butterfly or POP image on top of the 2 1/2 fold see the photo below.

As seen in the above picture the butterfly is stamped with Perfect Plumera on the 2 1/2 fold. It's tricky to explain so look at the photo for an aid. Then with the Spanish Olive stamp your swirls from the set.

Once that is stamped, cut the center of the image Over the scored 2 1/2 line being careful not to cute the entire image or it will not pop. See the photos for examples as it's hard to explain. Then Embellish!!

Below is the finished tutorial card. I did stamp and cut out a full butterfly and applied it over the card butterfly with a pop dot for more effect. Flowers were added, stickled and I used the Marvy punches for the sentiment. The sentiment is from Trendy Greetings.


Below is a phot of both the top post add the tutorial one, yet another Simply Stamped card.

Until next time be sure to Hop with this Angel Blog Hop!!!

15 comments:

Angela K said...

This is great TFS, I am going to have to try this!

Anna said...

So pretty! I've never seen how those pop out cards are done. Gonna have to try that!

Chelsea said...

Absolutely beautiful .... Great job!

pescbrico said...

This is very lovely!

inkmistress said...

So pretty! Great tutorial!

Christina

Bridgett said...

Beautiful! I love this! What a fun idea!

Melisa Waldorf Angel #4405 said...

I love these! Great scorpal tutoria. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Deb Grady said...

How pretty! Love your creations. It makes me want to play with my Scor-Pal again.

Seleise said...

great tutorial and love, love, love the cards! so, so pretty!

Laurie Unger said...

This is stunning! great tutorial!

catt871 said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! I am going to have to try it today! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Trudy Osborn said...

BEAUTIFUL! I like the one you did the tutorial for the best...but I think it is just because those are more my kind of colors, they are BOTH gorgeous!

Olde Country Creations said...

So pretty. Thanks for the tutorial!


Tonya

Kelly L aka Littlekel90 said...

Gorgeous stamps you used on this wonderful tutorial!! Thanks for sharing with us. I love how the butterfly pops up the most, but your colors look great too!! :) Kel

Diana said...

Love your card and the tutorial!! I will have to try it too!!

Love,
Diana

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin