Sunday, February 1, 2009

Long Awaited Tutorial : Diaper Shaped Baby Shower Invitation..(Baby Announcement) Blog Candy

I Love this project....
First, another reminder on my blog candy, post on Jan 25th your favorite on my blog and why.

Second, another SBS4 sister has candy on her blog for over 300 posts, she always wows me with her Magnolia cards @ Catt's Scratching Post . I saw a fun link on her blog called Candy Jar where she has my blog candy there and the following one. It is so fun to surf blogs like the following and Catt's for lovely projects. Take a look at both or enter for their blog candy.
Blog candy also being given away at Sharon's place Grandma's House of Cards.
Isn't this just so much fun? I got the new Showers of Love set from TAC. It is a set of stamps for wedding and baby showers and this is what I came up with. The finished invitation fits into an A2 sized envelope. Just think of using it for a new baby announcement too! Also used here are Toodle Loo exclusive papers, various ribbons and Invitation set on the inside.
(Remember click to view larger but not necessarily clearer)

Above I've shown the card with the tabs opened and below the opened diaper. I love this project. It was so fun to come up with.

TIP: Spice your card up using lace, attach it to rattles or add diaper pins or any baby related item. The possibilities are endless for this if you try it link me up I'd love to see your creation.
Now, below is my "rough" to say the least, template for you if it works. I traced my template and wrote brief descriptions on it for you. I am having such computer issues and using my daughters laptop without the software I need isn't helping me create a quality template. So...anyway, I scanned it full size for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. If you click on the image it should show full size.
To Save: right click and choose save as to save the image to your hard drive. It should print directly to a full size paper for you to cute out and trace. If you use this to create link me up so I can come see your project!

Thank you again for visiting and enter for blog candy! As always, typos and grammatical errors left for your enjoyment.

12 comments:

Anna said...

How cute is this?! Great idea with that set!

Lisadwb said...

Too cute!! Thanks for the template!!

catt871 said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!

Ginger - Angel 1427 said...

Hi there...I have a little something for you on my blog. Enjoy - you deserve it!

Carmen said...

What a wonderful idea, looks great!

Barb said...

Freakin' adorable!!! What a great invite!

Marcia P said...

Very cute, you are so kind to share this with us. Love it!

:) Marcia

Seleise said...

what a cute, cute idea!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is SO cute! I love your template; thank you so much for sharing it! :O)

Pohai said...

Thank you so much for the template! This is exactly what I have been looking for!! You are a lifesaver!!

Eileen said...

Hi Alison, thanks for the diaper template you are welcome to visit our blog and view what I did with it.
http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/
Eileen

Qing @ Coolest Baby Shower Ideas said...

Allison, your diaper invitation is so creative. I love the details that you share with people. The "rough draft" already tell everything if we want to design our own version. Sometime, computer will kill our creativity. I discover your great design because one of my visitor shared it on my site here: http://www.coolest-baby-shower-idea.com/diaper-and-essential-baby-shower.html, so I think I should come and hell ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin