Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pirates and Pardon the Mess..


I attend a technique class that one of my local friends and Stampin' Up ladies hosts monthly. It is tons of fun and this pirate card it inspired by a technique/case that taught us. (stampinsue.com) I made this using TAC's Pirate set. I like the way the parrot is on a pop-dot and stickles. the background was made using a off white paper and sliding various shades of browns over the white to create a wooden look. After that, the lines are created with a ruler and dots aded for nails. It is just "simply stamped" cuteness! (Is that a word?) lol

If you have a chance look at Sue's creations. She holds many classes locally. I really enjoy these ladies nigts of stamping close to home. I haven't the time to host anything myself as an Angel Company rep but maybe soon!

Next, this is just a piece of my craft room world. The saying pardon the mess it's the maids day off just suits my world lately. As most can relate, it seems as soon as I get the house cleaned up something else needs to be done. My craft room is the same, I try to keep my work table clean. I truly believe cluttered space is not motivating! This is why although my craft room may be a mess, I love to keep it an organized mess with boxes, cubes, jars, etc.


As for the beachy picture, ever since we lived in Florida, I have dreamed of the "future" room with a beachy theme. Soft colors of blues, greens and whites. I have made a bit of progress with little things in MD and VA and hope to call my "craft room" my beachy retreat one day! The room I have now is wonderful and Mine, but just not big enough and with renting I have limited things I can do.


That's it for now, just felt like typing some random personnal thoughts today.

7 comments:

Keryn Campbell said...

I need one of those signs. I'm trying to make it the maid's day off in my house all the time.

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute, cute.

Helen Dooley said...

I need a sign like that! I really like the pirate! I think you do some really wonderful things.

Kristine B. said...

Hi Alison! :) LOVE this cute pirate!! I actually made that same technique a few months ago! Dawn Griffith did a video tutorial on it and I sat down and made about 4 card fronts and they turned out AWESOME. Don'tcha just love that technique? You really can't go wrong with it. All wood looks differently, right? LOL.
Hugsxx

Marcia P said...

Wow, I want that sign!!!!!!!!!!! Great card too, but the sign got me more!

:) Marcia

Barb said...

Adorable pirate card, Alison! What a fun technique!

Lisadwb said...

That technique is perfect for the Pirate.
I need that sign too. LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin