Thursday, February 26, 2009

SBS4 Homepage Contest

My humble simply stamped cards for my "sista's" homepage challenge. (SBS4) I Love this group of crafters. There is always a challenge, swap or something going on in this great group of very diverse and talented stampers from all over the world! The challenge is to create a card with teal/chocolate and bling for our yahoo homepage contest.

This first card is using TAC's swirls and papers. I used the heart stamp to say "sister" as I thought it was totally appropriate. I also used TAC's running stitch stamp set to do faux stitches on the edge of my teal paper and cut along the edge. My photos are a bit off so you may not be able to recognize all the shiny stickles up top. Anyone who follows my blog knows I am picture taking challenged!

I had fun with this second photo. I came across this layout in a Cards magazine, not sure which issue. I also used older TAC stamp sets for this Glamour girl and the sentiment is from the retired, Oopsie Daisy set. I found this saying idea for us "glam" ladies as our friendships have developed over the past year+! The patterned paper is from Genevieve collection.
(As always, typos and grammatical errors left for your enjoyment. And click on the images to view larger)
To see other Sister's creative cards using this teal/chocolate and bling challenge see below...
Sisters if your not listed link up..:)
Marcia
Chris


5 comments:

catt871 said...

THESE are both GREAT !!!!! How are we going to decide?? The sentiments on both are so perfect!!

Ginger - Angel 1427 said...

Great cards. I especially love the Sister card.

Marcia P @ The Stamp Spot said...

So glad you found time to put some cards together for this. It is going to be very difficult to choose someone to vote for! Love these, they are both perfect for what they were made for.

:) Marcia

Olde Country Creations said...

These are both wonderful! Love the colors on both of them.


Tonya

Seleise said...

great cards!!! I agree with Chris, how are we going to decide? beautiful work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin