Monday, March 16, 2009

A2 Card Purse Tutorial Revisited with a flap..

My fun little purse to hold my matching cards.

The first purse that I did a tutorial can be seen in an October 2008 post without a closing flap. This one is has the added flap to close the purse versus it being like a card "tote". It will hold 5 A2 sized cards and 5 envelopes. With all the cards I have been creating lately using Lily Anna papers and cardstock, I decided to make a matching purse to hold them in. I also with this purse used the coordinating Ribbons and Hardware (snaps, eyelets) that are available. The top picture shows the finished purse decorated and closed.


Below is a different quick tutorial on how to make your purse. All products are TAC including the Scor-pal. Host a FUNshop or place a qualifying order and get yours at half off!

I hope you enjoy it and try clicking photos for larger views.




First start with an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of cardstock. Here I used a mint green from Lily Anna's matching cardstock. Place your paper with the horizontal on scor-pal to 8 1/2 inches and score 1 1/2 inches on both sides.










Rotate your paper and score in 1 1/4 inches from both sides.










Cut your cardstock as shown here. Cutting in the 1 1/2 inch sides, in the middle, to the other score line. Fold your cardstock and flatten with your bone folder (Or your created one as in my Bone Folder post)





These next two photos show where to adhere your sides. It's pretty basic. :)














Here is the Purse Flap...

Cut cardstock 5 1/2 X 6, lay it on your scor-pal to the 6 inch mark and scor from the left at 1 1/2" and 4". The smaller scored piece is used as the back. Adhere only the back to the purse part on the back of the purse. See photo below for an image of where to adhere...





This is where to adere the flap on the back. Pretty basic








Now for the handles, I've used Lily Anna Ribbon and Hardware. First, punching a hole through the ribbon and sides of the purse then using my Crop-a-dile I attached it for a firm strong hold.









So, I made a typo again, lol...in the photo. I used already sticky magnets to make my purse clasp shut. One is on the flap and the other is on the purse.



TIP:To make sure you line them up evenly, stick the flap one on first, then place the other on the flap magnet and when you close the flap, your purse magnet will be right in place. You can also use velcro.

Lastly...DEOCRATE...the fun part for me. I decided to keep the purse similar to the cards that will be inside. I've placed my Hoppy Easter trio and other Lily Anna cards inside.


Here are my cell phone photos again...I hope you enjoyed this Simply Stamped repeat project!!




13 comments:

StampinCarol said...

Great "purse"!! You did wonderful with the tutorial. And your cell phone did pretty good with these photos!

Kristen said...

I love this!! I want to make one now!!

Where did you get the idea to use your phone?? I wonder!!

Muah girlie!

Seleise said...

super cute!!! Thanks for the tutorial!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

This is such a great tutorial and such a lovely image used. Thank you for sharing, hugs Lind ax

Lisadwb said...

Cute purse!! Love Lilly Anna too.

Claudia said...

This purse is adorable!!! I am going to make it tonight!!
Thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial!!!

Percy said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation, and the tutorial....it looks very easy to make, I love the combination of colors you used! Beautiful!!!

Deb said...

this is so cute Alison, I love the purse and your tutorial is fabulous!
Have a great evening! hugs Debx

Barb said...

Adorable! And what a great tutorial, Alison!

JavaMel said...

I love this tutorial. What an awesome project. What did you use to color the imagee in with?

Sonia said...

Hi Ali
I love your project, great tutorial
Thanks for share with us.

**Sony**

Melisa Waldorf Angel #4405 said...

Oh wow! Awesome tutorial. TFS

dianets7 said...

Your new tutorial is pretty nice. Thanks for sharing it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin