Monday, April 27, 2009

Looking back...

I have been so busy lately with working and my husband is now working. He was doing a wonderful job at home cooking and doing laundry. Now that he is back to work full time, I have to do more to keep the house and children in order. I was a bit spoiled coming home and having dinner for me on the table. It was such a treat! I did manage to make some "simply stamped" cards this weekend and just have to get them uploaded. I have also been thinking of my mother lately who passed away from cancer 2 years ago because her birthday was this month. I pulled this older scrapbook page of her I did off of my picturetrail site. (I haven't kept up with this at all in two years) I just wanted to share my older "simply stamped" scrap page with you in memory of my dear mother. This was her graduation picture. This looks much better in person with the Flourishes stamped. I also printed on transparency the words. NOTE: Not all printers can print on transparency. Laserjet printers work better over the ink cartridges as the ink cartidges don't dry on transparency well.

I'll be posting TAC's fabulous May specials this week along with some cards and announcing the winner of my Blog Candy this week. May 1 is the last day to enter for the candy. Lastly, I have some cute projects still in waiting to be done if I Ever get to them to post some fresh new tutorials for you and share some of my simply stamped cards.

Until I can get things posted check out my older tutorials (23 of them) and some cool scor-pal projects with tutorials that I've previously posted. (Tri-folds, golf tee holder, swing cards for a few) The next Angel Blog Hop will feature some great scor-pal projects so watch for those coming soon!

6 comments:

Deb said...

fantastic layout, such a perfect picture to scrap, love the whole vintage look to it!
Have a great evening! Debx

Seleise said...

Alison, that's a beautiful page and a wonderful tribute to your Mom. I love the photo and the printing on the transparency is a fabulous idea! lovely!

Helen Dooley said...

I love this page. Very elegant. You have paid great homage to your beautiful Mom. She would love this page. You could even frame this and plac eit on the wall.

Marcia P @ The Stamp Spot said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mum. Very elegant. And wow, the similarities between both of you are obvious. She would have loved it.

Hope you have been well.

:) Marcia P

Percy said...

Alison, what a beautiful page, I am sure your Mom would have loved it! Gorgeous!!!

Rita, an Inky Friend said...

Awesome layout and lovely colors. rita w

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin