Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Angel Blog Hop: A Trio Tutorial: Money Holder, Business Card or Gift Card..

I'm revising this post for the Angel Blog Hop!!!
This Hop we are featuring the Scor-pal and other TAC™ products to create. The Scor-pal is the wonderful tool that any paper crafter can't do without.
Here are the other talented crafters that have also done some fabulous & innovative creations using their scor-pals then my project is below.
Maria -
I have had this one that I used for graduation cards last year, gift certificates and recently for birthdays. Here is a photo of what I've done for you. These are quick and fun to make. They are a finished size of a standard envelope 3 5/8 X 6 1/2. You can put them in an envelope or seal and address to mail. I've used for the graduation one White Cardstock and a retired Congrats Grad stamp set along with Marvy Oval Punch available from TAC! For the other two cards I've used Bazzill Reds, Mimi Exclusive paper collection, Bitty Blossoms and miscellaneous bling. The stamps for the Birthday one is Flora Favs and Ordinary Greetings. The Business Card holder stamps which show a fabulous Gift Certificate are Swirly Gigs and Little Things all available from TAC. I also want to mention that none of the sets I've used are over $10.95. You can see these are great for checks, cash, gift certificates, gift cards...or a note. I give them to customers that purchase Gift Certificates from me. Enough rambling, here is the tutorial....
Click on images to view larger, they also have brief notes on them. I can't seem to line up everything all pretty....:)


First, start by cutting your cardstock 7 3/4 wide by 9 1/2 long. Place on your scor-pal or whatever you use to scor, on the 7 3/4 wide side scor in from both sides 3/4 inch. See photo to the left...




Rotate your paper so the long side to 9 1/2 is now horizontally.













Now that your paper is lying to the 9 1/2 inch mark, scor from the left at 3 1/4 and 6 1/2. If your using the scor pal you may have to adjust slightly as there is no 3 1/4 mark. ( I placed mine at 1 inch and scored at 4 1/4 then moved my paper back to scor the 6 1/2) Whatever works for you to get that paper scored on those measurements. Now, fold on all your scored lines.



This photo shows where to cut to form your flaps. you will cut the 3/4 inch part off of both sides but ONLY up to the 6 1/2 inch scor!! The remainder forms the flaps that you will adhere and fold in to the cardstock to create a pocket.



Note: Be sure to cut for your business card, punch for dollar, etc. BEFORE you adhere your flaps.





This photo just shows that before I adhered my flaps I made my business card slits with the Basic Grey tool. This is why you don't want to adhere your flaps before cutting. You could adhere the flaps now if you choose to not use a card or gift card.





Moving along, here is just a snapshot of using a punch for the money holder. Simply center your punch on the piece that has the "flaps" before adhereing.




Now...I can't find my photo showing how to adhere. As stated and shown above, the "flaps" are to be folded in and adhere to your cardstock. Take a look below at the finished ones and you can see what I mean...


Like this tutorial? Are you going to try it? Let me know, link me up and let me see your examples!!!










TADAAAAA..Voila....(giggle)





Here are the finished projects on the inside.
Take a look below for the finished outside photos. These again are taken with my cell phone so sorry bout the blury images.





Again, enjoy these and share with me if you try it!

22 comments:

Patti J. said...

Awesome! I can't wait to try this template! Thanks so much for sharing...

Laurie said...

I LOVE this project! I am going to have to try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Percy said...

I love it too! Thanks for sharing!!

StampinCarol said...

Great tutorial! Your holders are really cool!

Maria Matter said...

These turned out great! Thanks for the tutorial, love the business card holder! I'll be using that idea....brilliant!
Have a great day!
blessing, Maria

Rita, an Inky Friend said...

Great tutorial!! thanks for sharing. rita w

Deb said...

Beautiful!
Have a great day!
Debx

Kim said...

Great tutorial Alison TFS!

Stacy said...

What a neat project! So clever!!

Barb said...

Great tutorial, Alison! I will definitely have to try this!!

Bridgett said...

Oh wow! I am definitely putting this in my bookmarks to CASE real soon! Thank you for such an awesome tutorial!

dianets7 said...

Great tutorial! TFS!

Die Cut Business Cards said...

I think that what you did is really wonderful. Thank you for the tutorial! =)

Chris said...

Super tutorial. This will come in handy as I often give cash for teenage birthdays! :)

Jamie said...

Love this! Fantstic tutorial. :D

Jany said...

I want to do this one! TFS!

Betty Giles said...

Alison, great tutorial! Your butterfly swirls pop-up inspired me do do one for my MIL mother's day card. I used wire in place of the antennae for the butterfly. You always inspire me, girl!

Rita Kegg said...

Great project Alison!! I may be taking this idea and shrinking it to a gift card size. I love reading your blog. Thanks and blessings

Melisa Waldorf Angel #4405 said...

Great project and tutorial! I need to make a couple of these for some grads!

Angela K said...

TFS this is so great!!

Waseem said...

I will definitely have to try this..Gift Card envelopes as i needed.

plastic cards printing said...

you explain it easily...I think it's very helpful for me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin