Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dear Friend Part Two..

Here is a close up of my other card made using Dear Friends stamp set. I also used the same scrap papers (maker unknown) and Bazzill purples cardstock. This one has my favorite stickles and I colored using Watercolor pencils I got at half off available from TAC™. (Personal note: I love being a demonstrator to get all my supplies at 30% off and Hostesses get ANY item from the catalogue at half off with qualifying order! Want the specifics e-mail me)
You can see the stickles in the close up. I used various colors on top of the colored flowers to achieve the look.
TIP: When using stickles glitter, I find it best to color first and using a matching stickles placed on top of the coloring gives a more even, solid look. When using the stickles by itself on, say white, it does not give a solid color in appearance. Try it for yourself! Finally above is my finished card, what do you think? I like it and my "simply stamped" style is achieved.


8 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

Its simply stamped but I think you added a touch of elegance with the background.

Betty Giles said...

I love this one-the swirly stickles makes it look so professional! Lovely work!

Chelsea said...

gorgeous!!! Love all of the details in this card!

Marcia P @ The Stamp Spot said...

These are gorgeous images you have been showing us and this is definately an 'awwwww' card!

:) Marcia P

Seleise said...

both of the dear friend cards are just darling! I adore the stickles on the paper - too cute!

Barb said...

This one is a cutie, too!

Rita said...

Very nice card and love those tickles. rita w

Cynthia said...

I love the colors you used. Simply beautiful!



Cynthia:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin