Thursday, June 11, 2009

Faux Corset idea....

Everything is Blooming is the set I've used here for this simply stamped card. I finally took a few minutes to create something different while I was making a few more graduations money cards that I needed. (see tutorial here) I used my favorite SWIC TAC paper line called Mimi although my cell phone photos are lacking the brilliant colors. I was inspired by a card I received for my birthday here using eyelets and ribbon to create a Faux Corset look on the side of the card. I added some Lemondade Buttons and Blossoms available from TAC with stickels as well.











I have cropped in here so you can see the details of the ribbon, blossoms and
buttons and the stickles. I used prisma
watercolor pencils and paper piecing to
color the image.

Question: Why can I no longer get my photos and words neatly placed on my blog? haha


Next, here are a few more simply stamped graduation money holders that I did for several family members that are graduating High School this year. As previously stated, you can see this tutorial for these cards under my tutorials.







Here is a close up of a cut out had that I popped dotted and strung a tassel through! I thought it added just a special something to the creations. The color of inks I've used match the school colors.



I hope these help inspire you with just a bit of added touches.
TIP: When your out shopping look at how you can use things differently as these tassels.
Until next time....Happy Stamping

7 comments:

Seleise said...

I love, love, love the faux corset, Alison! Super cute card and great idea!

Clausewitz said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre nossa luta contra o comunismo aqui no Brasil. Abração

Bridgett said...

The faux corset idea is fabulous! I like the tassel on the grad cards, too! Too fun! Love it!

Lisadwb said...

I too love the faux corset.The stamp set is one of my faves. Nice job.

Helen Dooley said...

LOVE the faux corsett card. Really gorgeous!

Barb said...

The corset card is fantastic!! Love the blooms and the image is just so sweet :)

Marcia P @ The Stamp Spot said...

Alison this is a great idea, love how it turned out.

:) Marcia P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin