Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Trio of something different to stamp on...

As I put in a previous post I wanted to share with you some things you normally wouldn't stamp on. The bulk of what I make are cards but I Love to experiment and stamp on anything that doesn't move. The phot below shows some new and redone things to stamp on.



Did you ever go through the little bits and pieces of wood things in your craft store? This is one of my favorite places to find things to work with. I picked up packages of the wooden pieces and have always loved to work with them. NOTE: ornaments, wall plaques, tags are a few things to do with these. The options are endless for these cute things.








For these ones, I am getting a jump start thinking Christmas in July. I used this little oval wooden piece for an ornament. Directions: I started by stamping with Palette Jardin Moss the holly from Joy of Christmas stamp set. Next, I stamped the word Christmas with L'Amore red Palette.


I then punched holes in the wood with the Crop-A-Dile and threaded some gold thread through the holes creating a hanger.


Lastly, some stickles were added for shine and the 2009 stamped in black.









Next, I purchase keychains from Oriental Trading among other things..haha. These keychains can be stamped on with Staz On OR What I have done here is to stamp the kitty from TAC's Playful Kitties stamp set and colored using various pens and markers then inserted the cardstock into the keychain.



I added just a bit of ribbon to complete it on the keychain holder for a simply stamped look.









This last one is revisited "BONE FOLDER" from one of my early posts when I started blogging. This idea was featured at The Angel Company seminar in 2007 and I wasn't even there. I thought I would repost it for those of you who hadn't seen it before. These are little wooden picket fence stakes from the craft store (can be purchased in plastic as well). I use these for Every guest at a FUNshop as a freebie bone folder and I stamp my contact information on them. They make wonderful little Thank You's for your customers if you Host or just to use!


(Directions: Ligtly sand wood, stamp with Palette Noir, punch hole and insert keychain or keyring.)



See older posts Faux Bone folder and initially Picket Stake Bone Folders


Happy stamping and if you use these please share your creations. I've seen over time the bone folder idea used and Love seeing others creations. Enjoy....

7 comments:

Keryn Campbell said...

What brilliant little gift ideas. I will have to venture out of the usual aisles at our local 'Spotlight' store.

StampinCarol said...

These are great! I need to play more with my "hidden" stuff!

Percy said...

Great ideas...love them, I love the keychain with the kitty....

Patti J. said...

Thanks for all the good ideas! I will try them out!

Marcia P said...

What great ideas Alison, I love the little 'bone folders'.

:) Marcia P

PS: i have a new blog address www.marciapringle.blogspot.com

Jane said...

LOVE the bone folder idea. What a great sales tool.

Jane
SBS4

Seleise said...

love all these ideas! your Christmas wooden tag is just fabulous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin