Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Etched glass instructions and my baby girl...

Hello.....this is a very hard image to see but it's my first attempt at doing the frosted glass technique using TAC stamps. I stamped the flourish from Aged Ornamentals. I then made a tag and stamped the sentiments from Jeans & Wings.

The instructions are briefly this:

1. First, I stamped using versamark and embossed carefully to not break glass with white powder. (It doesn't matter what color you use as it comes off later)

2. Next, I then taped off using either painters tape or masking tape. Painters tape makes crisper edges. Then applied a thin layer of Glass etching cream over the entire masked off surface around the embossed image.

3. Lastly, I let it dry for about a minute, according to cream directions and washed off the entire surface, removed masking tape and lastly, scraped the embossing off.

Voila....I still need more practice but overall it is alright. What do you think?

I wanted to share a picture of my little girl Melanie, aka Mimi as my friends are asking for current photos. She has been the focus the last few weeks with getting ready for school, practices and her birthday party. Her birthday is today but we had her party this past weekend, it was a hit. (My son, 15 Derek, he is lower maintenance)

9 comments:

Barb said...

Both the jar AND your daughter are just beautiful, Alison :)

Seleise said...

how neat! I hadn't heard of that technique. TFS! and, what a cutie your daughter is! happy b-day to her!

Yanitza Ramos said...

Just gorgeous!

Percy said...

Beautiful jar....your daughter is a cutie!

Bridgett said...

I truly love the jar! It's fabulous! Haven't tried etching but my husband used to do that...maybe he'll teach me!

Mimi is adorable! Super cute!

Rita said...

Wonderful piece of work! And what an adorable picture of Mimi!! rita w

Deb said...

love the etched glass, great technique, sweet photograph too! have a great day, hugs Debx

Rita Kegg said...

Nice work! I love the etched look. Blessings

Diana said...

Your project is soooo cool!! I love it!

Your daughter is a princess! Wishing her a happy birthday and many blessings from above!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin