Sunday, September 11, 2011

Some Odd Girl

Hey friends,something different today with my first Some Odd Girl Stamp! It's adorable and I love it! This card is for my daughters friends birthday.
First, it's been a long couple days here for us with the floods in NE Pennsylvania. My little town is next to West Pittston in the Wilkes-Barre area. Had they not built a dirt dyke the area would be flooded very bad. We are lucky but many friends are not. Since there isn't anywhere to go with the flooding, I stamped!

For this I also used Bazzil papers, copics, palette ink, memento ink, stickles, TAC patterned paper and a balloon punch. I'm putting this in the Some Odd Girl challenge. It required using stitching. I achieved this by using my scor buddy for evenly spaced spots to connect the dots to show faux stitching. I have to get a sewing machine for cards.
Besides using a scor pal for evenly spaced "spots" to connect for faux stitching you can use plastic canvas. See my tutorial for 3 great uses for the plastic canvas.

6 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

What a cute and fun card! Great coloring

Cor* said...

YAY! I remember my first ODD girl stamp like it was yesterday! I was in love. HARD LOVE...I fell hard and so here I am on the DT ! Your card is fabby. I love balloon Kaylee. Excellent job. SO sorry to hear of all the flooding!

Caz said...

Beautiful card, I love those glittery balloons.Thank you so much for joining in with our stitching challenge on Some Odd Girl.
Caz
x

Leah the Orange said...

gorgeous! i love this colour combination, and your little green shimmery balloons are the perfect accent! you've rocked our Balloon Kaylee, and thanks so much for sharing this cute card with the Odd Girls! good luck!

Elena said...

Alison this is soooooo cute! Pink and green together are great, and she looks super sweet with her ballon in hand!
Thanks for join with us this time at Some Odd Girl, hope to find you again for next challenge!

Hugs,
Elena

Tasha said...

Oh this is so pretty, i love the gorgeous colours and the balloons
Thank you for joining in the SOG challenge
love tasha xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin